We hope you have all seen and loved the new Doozy Father’s Day ecard, Honky Tonk Hamburger (see that sassy burger boy in the picture? That’s the feller). Well we owe this card in part to the really warm people at North Shore Dish, and through them, to the immensely cute couple running The Little Depot Diner in Peabody, Massachusetts.
It all started when we wrote the script and drew a sketch for our card, as we are wont to do:
See that big blank blue background space? Well we had to fill it with a background from an actual diner. We’ve always felt animation gets really funny when you mix it with photos. So we went to scour the internet photo sites for the perfect American diner, a wall with pies, muffins, shake mixers, etc. We found nothing. Zilch. Zip. Every shot was taken from a bad angle or there just weren’t any. Continue reading
Father’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to kick off this holiday than with a hearty chuckle from your old man. Doozy Cards is proud to present the Top 5 eCards for this Father’s Day.
Whether he cooked you dinner every night or demonstrated the art of football to you, show him how much you care by treating him to a hilarious joke or a thoughtful memory with one of the following catchy cards.
1. For the Grill Master
Start your grills. Watch this entertaining slab of steak and band of hot dogs croon a thoughtful country song to your good ol’ dad.
Top 5 Father’s Day eCards
The newest of Doozy Cards’ Father’s Day ecards, Country Singing Steak, has been featured in Times Square! A sentence about our new Father’s Day animated greetings and a big fun picture of the Singing Steak and his wiener band went up on one of the big electronic billboards in Times Square!
Here’s the picture:
That's 6 whole stories of singing meat! - Click the picture to play the animation.
For some, Father’s Day can be tough, especially if you don’t have a parent around to share in the celebrations. Maybe you don’t talk anymore or maybe he’s passed on.
It may feel like everyone seems to have a Dad in place to give their gifts and send their Father’s day ecards to and you’re left with a feeling of longing and sadness.
Here are few pointers for the people who may be without a father this holiday:
- Appreciate the others in your life. At its core, Father’s Day is about honoring the presence of someone you love. Why not focus on the people who are in your life and how they matter? Send them funny e-cards or give them a call. Tell them how they have been a blessing to you. Or what about someone father-like in your life? Reach out and give thanks to teachers, mentors and older male friends. Certainly you can celebrate friends or relatives who are fathers themselves.
- Don’t let death get in the way. Just because your father may have passed on doesn’t mean he’s not still your father. Spend some time to review the many ways he has made you who you are today. Send him good wishes, wherever he may be. Pull out some photos and put them around your home. Light some candles in his honor. Wish him aloud a Happy Father’s Day.
- Make some peace. If you and your father no longer speak or there’s some long-held tension, what can you do to create some harmony this Father’s Day? Write a letter detailing your feelings, regardless of whether you send it. Focus on the ways he did contribute to your life. Note the similarities between the two of you–ones that you genuinely like. Father’s Day is a good time to look at those in-between places, where you can bridge that gap, even just a little.
We understand holidays can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. And we hope you can celebrate your father in the best way possible this year, whatever that means to you.
You can see Father’s Day animated greeting choices for others here:
Here is one of our eCards for Sons who are Fathers themselves.
Yes, yes, we know: your dad is clearly the best dad ever. But who’s your favorite fictional daddy?
You know the one: he says just the right thing at just the right time. He’s stern but loving, kind yet wise. He makes you laugh after you’ve scuffed your knee and buys you ice cream just when you need it (even if you’re 42). He also hugs very well and lends you copious amounts of money with no strings attached.
Here’s our list of fictional dads definitely worth sending a Father’s Day e-card.
Who would you like to add to the list?
- Pa Ingalls of The Little House on the Prairie
- Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird
- Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights
- Tommy Lee Jones
- Gandalf of Lord of the Rings (really welcoming beard)
- Jesus (really welcoming beard and knows people in high places)
- Darth Vadar (for those who like the strict, disciplinarian father type)
- The song “Father Figure”
- Mike Brady of The Brady Bunch
- Prince Charles (for purely financial reasons)
- Ward Cleaver of Leave it to Beaver (for the baby boomers)
- Michael Bluth of Arrested Development (for purely comical reasons)
- The Godfather of The Godfather (who’s gonna mess with you?)
- Antonio Ricci of The Bicycle Thief
- George McFly of Back to the Future (sure, a bit ineffectual at times but sweet.)
- Gomez Addams of The Addams Family (for the eccentric types)
Well, back to reality. Father’s Day is just around the corner and one way to make your real dad’s day special is sending him a free animated Father’s Day e-card. We have a wide array of funny Father’s Day e-cards to choose from, so take a look around and pick one that suits your dad just right.
“Best way to clear the air is to have it all out in the open.”- Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird
Video of The Bicycle Thief:
Video of To Kill a Mockingbird:
Video of Back to the Future: