Yes, yes, we know: your dad is clearly the best dad ever. But who’s your favorite fictional daddy?
You know the one: he says just the right thing at just the right time. He’s stern but loving, kind yet wise. He makes you laugh after you’ve scuffed your knee and buys you ice cream just when you need it (even if you’re 42). He also hugs very well and lends you copious amounts of money with no strings attached.
Here’s our list of fictional dads definitely worth sending a Father’s Day e-card.
Who would you like to add to the list?
- Pa Ingalls of The Little House on the Prairie
- Atticus Finch of To Kill a Mockingbird
- Coach Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights
- Tommy Lee Jones
- Gandalf of Lord of the Rings (really welcoming beard)
- Jesus (really welcoming beard and knows people in high places)
- Darth Vadar (for those who like the strict, disciplinarian father type)
- The song “Father Figure”
- Mike Brady of The Brady Bunch
- Prince Charles (for purely financial reasons)
- Ward Cleaver of Leave it to Beaver (for the baby boomers)
- Michael Bluth of Arrested Development (for purely comical reasons)
- The Godfather of The Godfather (who’s gonna mess with you?)
- Antonio Ricci of The Bicycle Thief
- George McFly of Back to the Future (sure, a bit ineffectual at times but sweet.)
- Gomez Addams of The Addams Family (for the eccentric types)
Well, back to reality. Father’s Day is just around the corner and one way to make your real dad’s day special is sending him a free animated Father’s Day e-card. We have a wide array of funny Father’s Day e-cards to choose from, so take a look around and pick one that suits your dad just right.
“Best way to clear the air is to have it all out in the open.”- Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird
Video of The Bicycle Thief:
Video of To Kill a Mockingbird:
Video of Back to the Future: