During my fickle teen years, nobody knew what to give me for the holidays. Every year, on Christmas morning, I would rip open my perfectly wrapped presents to reveal a set of neatly folded pajamas. I wasn’t unhappy with the gift, as you can never have enough pajamas for bed time, but I did yearn for my family member to get me something a little more— unpredictable.
My ideology is that it’s always fun to surprise you’re loved ones with something they really love, but weren’t expecting. Though sometimes trying to guess what exactly that special gift is can be tricky.
To help inspire your holiday shopping this year, we’ve put together the ultimate Christmas Wish List for Mom, Dad and the Kids. You’ll, of course, want to tweak the suggestions based on your family members, but these are some classic gifts that are sure to brighten their Christmas morning.
Christmas Gifts For Mom
- Stay-at-home spa treatment – Pamper mom this year by giving her a basket of her favorite lotions, bubble bath, scented candles, relaxing music and maybe a bottle of bubbly, to let her unwind after the craziness of the holidays.
- Homemade mementos from the kids – Mom always loves getting handmade crafts from her little angels, so have the kids create something special like a personalized picture frame with photos of the family.
- Cozy bedtime goodies – Give mom a chance to get snuggly for a long winter’s nap with a new robe and slippers or adorable pajamas.
Christmas Gifts For Dad
- The best seat in the house – Whether dad loves to read the paper, watch the game, and just take a post-Christmas dinner snooze, treat him by making his favorite seat in the house as cozy as possible. Get him a new pair of slippers, a new book to read, or a comfortable blanket featuring his favorite team.
- Outdoor gear – Whether dad loves going camping or just needs some new gloves to shovel snow, delight him with some fun outdoorsy gear. From cozy hats and scarves, to sports gear, there are plenty of options to choose from depending on his favorite activities and your budget.
- Gadgets – It’s a pretty safe bet that dad has been eyeing a new gadget for sometime, whether it’s computer related or a grown-up toy like a remote-controlled helicopter. Give dad the chance to act like a kid again.
Christmas Gifts for the Kids
- Wooden toys – One great kids gift that never goes out of style are classic wooden toys like building blocks, train sets, or dollhouses. Built to last forever and to survive fads, wood toys are great for inspiring the imagination of your kids.
- An art set – Give your kids the creative tools to express themselves artistically. From paint supplies, to clay, to crayons: there are plenty of options to choose from depending on your child’s age and skill level.
- Tickets to their favorite show – Whether it’s a silly pop group or a live play, kids love having the chance to go see a special production. Plan a play date with some of their friends and make a day of it.
Hopefully this Christmas wish list will inspire you to find the perfect gift for everyone in your family. Have another great idea? Let us know in the comment section below! Happy Holidays from Doozy Cards!