It’s easy to refer to your four-legged pet as a member of the family, so why not celebrate their birthday as well? It may seem silly, but it’s a great occasion shower them with gifts and attention because these unsung heroes bring tons of joy and happiness into one’s life. You don’t have to throw them a huge party, but here are 17 fun ways to help celebrate the birth of your cat or dog.
- Take them on a shopping spree at the pet store
- Bake them pet friendly treats (carob cake, anyone?)
- Take them to their favorite place (i.e. dog park, grandma’s house, a room full of scratch posts)
- Set up a play date with other pets
- Go on a long walk with them
- Take them to the grooming salon – in fact, take yourself to one too!
- Have a professional photo session – no embarrassing pet sweaters!
- Play all their favorite games
- Give them an extra long belly rubs, scratches and pets – do you have a good grooming brush?
- Take a nap with them
- Run sprints in the yard with them
- If they’re not usually allowed on the bed or couch, let them sit there, but just for a day!
- Take your pooch for a drive and let them stick their head out the window
- Buy them a new collar and dog tag
- If they’re usually fed dry foods, spice it up with something homemade. Cats love real chicken liver.
- Sing them Happy Birthday – and let them howl along
- Give them extra hugs and kisses
Don’t let your pet’s big day go by unnoticed! Spoil your pet with all these wonderful surprises and show them why they are a big part of your family.